Saturday, June 2, 2007

Gas...$2.95/gallon

This week in Houston, gasoline prices are hovering between $2.95 - $3.10/gallon, depending on location and demand. $2.95/gallon is here the local neighborhood where there is high demand; $3.10/gallon was noted on long stretches of open road in northwest Houston.

I did okay last weekend during the Memorial Day specials, spending only $85.00 at my local grocery store compared to $100.00 the previous week.

This week the items in the dairy and cold sections of the store had gone up significantly. Shredded cheese was back to 2/$5.00, rather than 3/$4.98, lunch meat was up to $4.00/package rather than 2/$6.00 or 2/$7.00 and milk was back up into the $3.89/gallon or higher range.

Items at the 99 cent store that had previously been $2/.99 have now gone back up to 99 cents. It made for double the bill when I hit the checkout - GULP, so watch those prices. I need to take my own advice next time, and "think before I buy"!

No comments: