Monday, June 25, 2007

Houston gas prices - grocery shopping deals

This weekend in Houston gas was down to $2.87 a gallon in the Copperfield area, and I believe at the HEB at Highway 529 & Barker Cypress, I saw $2.77/gallon. I'm wondering if July 4th Holiday is going to magically raise those gas prices again?

At my local super market, orange juice has gone up to $3.00 for a 1/2 gallon, even for the generic brand. Grocery prices in general are hitting the home budget this summer. In addition, my May electric bill just came in at $179.00. Youch! And the hottest summer weather hasn't even hit yet.

My parents noted a good local deal at the HEB supermarkets. If you pay attention to either the store ads, or the store displays at the front of the market, HEB allows you to buy a bundle of items such as items for a BBQ and then you get a couple of the items free. HEB tends to be less expensive than the other stores, so this might work out well, especially when you are cooking for a crowd.

I'd love to hear from readers about prices in your region of the U.S.

No comments: