Thursday, August 9, 2007

New Horizons

I've got great news this week. I start a new oil industry job as a Project Admin. Asst. in just 10 days. I'm hoping this is my big break. Am I ever willing to work hard for this one? You bet! I'm looking at the eight-year plan for me and my son...four years of high school and four years of college. And then a new life for me, the mom, afterwards.

I also bit the bullet and bought a new car last week, yes, on a payment plan. It's going to cost me approx. $250.00 per month extra to pay for the new car and the associated insurance.

Boost to my sense of confidence and independence...PRICELESS ! Ending my worries about breaking down on the road...CAREFREE! Having a car with a built-in alarm - WELL WORTH IT ! Ability to play my choir CD's and sing to my heart's delight - TOO MUCH FUN!!! (with the added bonus that no one has to hear me sing out of tune...)

It's all about choices. Think it through and attempt to choose wisely. Until next time...Terre

No comments: