Friday, July 13, 2007

Cheap, grime-busting degreaser

Here's a simple formula for degreaser that I have made up myself. I'm not saying it's perfect for everyone, yet for degreasing countertops that my teen coats with pizza makings, I count this one as a favorite.

NOTE: IMPORTANT SAFETY RULE...never, ever, under any circumstance, DO NOT MIX BLEACH AND AMMONIA. You will create a vapor fog that will lock-up your lungs and potentially cause you further harm.

Simple Home Degreaser
  • (1) 32 oz. empty spray bottle
  • 2 oz. of lemon ammonia (this is usually found at the bottom of the cleaning solutions at your local grocery store & it's only 99 Cents for 32 oz.)
  • 1 tablespoon of your favorite Dawn Dish Detergent (without bleach!)
  • Hot tap water to fill the remainder of the bottle
Put the top back on the spray bottle and gently shake the solution. Spray on countertops and wipe down as usual. Or, spray your kitchen sink again after you have cleaned it, and you will have a sink that is much easier to clean the next time.

Questions, comments, or concerns? I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: